Seems like no matter how much you clean your cat box, there is still those big crop circles with pyramids in the middle you have to scrap out. Ma absolutely hates that job. She always asks the cats if they are eating glue.
She washed and disinfected one litter box before adding the SLIDE cat litter to it. She had already filled it before she remembered to take a photo of the clean box.
Filling a litter box can choke us all up. The dust flies up in the air and settles on top of our aquarium water. NOT SLIDE. There was NO dust and if there was, we didn't see it. This made ma SMILE.
We waited and never smelled the present that DaeDae left in the box. This only means that it actually does destroys odors! BUT would it continue to kill odors for the rest of the week?????
We had left one box with our usual litter and one with the new SLIDE. Apparently, the kitties preferred the SLIDE. That box was used way more than the other one. Even the rabbit used it. Arm & Hammer does not recommend using it with other animals other than cats.
SEARCH You can even get a $2.00 off coupon that you can print at home to try out the product. While you are there join their Pet Care Fan Club.
SLIDE comes in Multi-cat or Nonstop Odor Control formulas. We chose the Multi-cat formula.
Ma has to admit that this is her favorite litter so far. The cats like it the best also. That box gets used way more often. Being it was a 19-pound box, ma wasn't sure about the price vs the quantity but with SLIDE you can use less. We have used it for 1 week. We wanted to really put it through the test before talking about it.
One box will last around 2-3 weeks depending on how many cats are using it. One other thing we liked is when scooping, we only got the clumps and not a lot of extra litter like other brands. For 2 days we didn't even top off the litter since we were only taking out the clumps. The 3rd day, we added around 1 1/2 -2 cups of litter to top it off. With 2 cats using the box, we didn't think that was bad.
Answers to questions we were asked:
1.What is it made of? As far as we can tell it made out of a finely ground clay based material. We could not find what the real ingredient was and at the time of this post, we have not heard back from Arm & Hammer.
2. Is it odor free or contain heavy perfumes? It is odor free. Neither box we seen had any perfumes added and it really doesn't have a smell.
3. Does it work? YES! We have never used a litter this great. It was easy to scoop, left no residue outside of the box, and covered odors. When we changed the box, it slid right out leaving nothing behind.
4. Does it really control odors with multiple cats? YES! We had 2 cats and 1 rabbit using it and never was able to smell the cat box. Takes care of urine odor too. It has the power of Arm & Hammer baking soda in the formula.
5. What do they add to make it clump? They use a plant based material to provide clumping. They also use micro moisture granduals to absorb the odors.
6. Is it dusty? NO. It is 100% dust free. *You can actually breath when pouring the litter. This has to be better for cats who suffer from asthma or other breathing problems. The no perfumes should help too.* **these are my thoughts and not something that Arm & Hammer has claimed.
7. Is it worth the price? We think it is!
8. Do you use more or less of the litter than other brands? We used much less. We didn't have to put as much in the litter box nor did we have to top it off as often.
9. Did your cats really like it or you just saying that for this post? Molly Mew and DaeDae preferred to use this litter over our regular brand. Even though our regular brand is in the favorite cat box.
10. How often did you have to sweep around the cat box? With our regular litter, we had to sweep a couple times a day. With the SLIDE we have swept once. It stays in the box and not on the floor.
I will give the new SLIDE a Poodale stamp of approval. As soon as we run out of our other brand, this will be the only brand we buy.
I hope that I have answered your questions and you have a better understanding of this litter. Why don't you try one box for yourself? We bought ours at PetSmart on sale for $9.99 for 19-pounds. The box had a $3.00 use now coupon along with a $3.00 use later coupon. Our box cost $6.99 with coupon. You can print off a $2.00 coupon located above to help with cost.
Have you ever tried the SLIDE?
Do you think you will try it now??